Registration is NOW CLOSED!!!
You must be a member of the Canadian Transplant Association to register. This includes international competitors, supporters and volunteers who want to sign up for the registration package. Check HERE for more information. Each person needs to register separately.
*All competitors will need medical clearance from their transplant teams to compete.* Medical forms are NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD AS FOLLOWS:
DF1 Donors Medical Forms
DF2 Donors Cardiac Stress Test Form
MF1 Medical Statement for ALL PARTICIPANTS
MF2 Transplant Athletes Medical Form
MF3 Transplant Athletes Medical Certificate
Donor athletes need to complete DF1, DF2 and MF1 forms. Transplant athletes need to comlete MF1, MF2 and MF3 forms.
These must be filled out, signed and returned by May 15. Directions on where to email or mail completed forms is on the forms.
|Thanks to the amazing generosity of The Simon Keith Foundation, all Youth and Junior transplant athletes will receive FREE registration! Details can be found HERE.|
Early Bird (until April 21, 2018)
- Adult (18+) $300
- Youth (12-17) $300 / FREE
- Juniors (4-11) $200 / FREE
- Children (3 and under) FREE
- International $425
Regular (starting April 22, 2018)
- Adult (18+) $400
- Youth (12-17) $400 / FREE
- Juniors (4-11) $300 / FREE
- Children (3 and under) FREE
- International $525
Your registration includes accommodations in a single room with shared bath and most meals, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Donor Walk, Family Picnic, Gala Dinner, entry to competition, transfers to and from Vancouver International Airport on July 2 and 7, and transportation to and from events.
Families who wish to register ONLY their junior or youth transplant athletes for the Games: please note they MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian while participating in the athletics and social events, or while using the transportation provided by the Games. The CTA and Local Organizing Committee will not be providing supervision to anyone 17 years of age or under. This is the responsibility of the parent or guardian, and is in place for the safety of your child.
Spectators are welcome to view the athletic events, Opening Ceremonies and the Donor Walk free of charge. Tickets to the Family Picnic and Gala Dinner may be available for purchase at a later date, based on availability.
*** NOTE ***
For those 17 and under, the registration package will NOT include accommodations or the Gala Dinner, UNLESS accompanied by a paid parent or guardian.
- Cancellation made on or before April 21st will receive 100% refund.
- Cancellation made on or before May 15th will receive 75% refund.
- Cancellation made after May 15th, will receive no refund.
REGISTRATION CLOSES MAY 15. NO EXCEPTIONS.
There are a limited number of single rooms with private bath available at a surcharge of $150/person for the week. Please make this request on the registration page.
Family room upgrades are available in limited numbers. These rooms must be requested at the time of registration.
- Each Ponderosa Family Suite consists of four bedrooms each with a single bed, a kitchen and living space, two bathrooms. Maximum occupancy is four people (ages four and up).
- Upgrade fee is an additional $25.00/person for the week.
- Registrants choosing a Ponderosa Suite must ensure that all four rooms are filled with guests that have paid registered for the games.
- If you have fewer than four paying guests, the additional upgrade fee will be $325.00/week for each vacant room. For example, if you have a family of three, the three registered guests will each add an additional $25 to their registration fees, PLUS a charge of $325 to make up the vacant fourth room.
- All meals, other than special events, will be served at Orchard Commons.
- ALL ROOMS ARE SINGLE BEDS.
- UBC Residences considers anyone ages four and up as a person that counts towards total occupancy.
- There are a limited number of pack and plays available. Please make this request as early as possible.
- Please note for families with young children, the single beds in Orchard Commons are quite high off the ground. There is also limited space in the single rooms for a crib.
For guests who would like to extend their stay at UBC, rooms are available for three nights before and after the Games. These are the rates, all subject to tax:
- Orchard single rooms with private bath - $89/night (single occupancy)
- Orchard single rooms x 2 with shared bath - $119/night (this is two single rooms connected by a shared bathroom, double occupancy)
- Ponderosa Suite with four single bedrooms (max occupancy four) - $260/night
Please make a request for extra room nights on the registration form, but you will not be billed by CTA for these rooms. Payment will be made directly to UBC when you check-in.
Please keep in mind the registration fee is heavily subsidized by the Canadian Transplant Association and the generosity of our sponsors. As such, there is no additional discount, subsidy or scholarship available. Many of our athletes in the past have had great success fundraising in their communities to offset the costs of attending the Games. A sponsorship form to assist with your fundraising efforts is available to download HERE.