The Canadian Transplant Association was created in 1987 to raise awareness about organ donation and celebrate the success of transplants in saving lives. A registered charitable organization comprised of transplant recipients, athletes, and volunteers dedicated to promoting organ donation through public advocacy and events including the Canadian Transplant Games and World Transplant Games.
Mission - The CTA is a charitable organization that motivates transplant recipients to maintain a healthy lifestyle by supporting athletic, educational, and other activities while promoting organ and tissue donor awareness. The CTA includes transplant recipients and others committed to identifying and removing barriers toward organ and tissue donation.
The CTA is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to engage in leadership roles with our organization. We are looking for individuals to sit on our Board of Directors and be involved with the committees that help shape and direct our activities. We are currently looking to fill several volunteer board member roles. Please see below for more details on these roles.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Perform duties in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Monitor and respond to communications on a regular basis.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the CTA’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote CTA’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with CTA’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of the CTA.
- Be a CTA member in good standing.
Length of term:
Two years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms unless approved by special resolution.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organizational development/Strategic planning
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization and mission
- Fundraising and outreach
The following positions are currently open to applicants:
- Director of Marketing and Communications
- Team Manager
(please click on the following links for full descriptions)
Complete an application form to apply:
Please submit your resume and completed application to email@example.com
All applications must be received by September 6, 2019.
Start date November 1, 2019.
If you are interested in being a part of the CTA Board of Directors please consider applying for the volunteer positions outlined in this communication. If you not able to commit to a board position but still want to be involved please contact us, there are many ways to get involved with the CTA.